What to do if you have an emergency abroad?
Most insurers will provide a 24 hour contact number for you to call in the unfortunate event you have an emergency abroad.
This is there to offer piece of mind to travellers & to help coordinate assistance in the event of an emergency.
The emergency assistance service, can generally
- Liaise with hospitals and medical practitioners to ensure the customers receive the best treatment possible.
- Arrange flights & transport if a customer needs to cut their trip short.
- Arrange to have emergency medication delivered to a customer if they are unable to source this themselves.
- Relay messages to family and friends if necessary.
- Coordinate repatriations in the event of death of bodily injury.