Annual MultiTrip Travel Insurance
An Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance Policy usually gives you cover for 365 days from the day you take out the policy and will usually cover an unlimited amount of trips in that year.
This type of policy will generally have a max trip duration based on age and cover level. We always recommend you check the restrictions on how long you can be away for with the Insurance Provider. Typically, a policy will cover durations of 21,31,45,60 & 90 days.
The Annual Travel Insurance policy is ideal if you travel several times in a year.
An Annual Travel Insurance will not always be the cheapest Travel Insurance cover even if you are travelling more than once a year so it is always good to compare quotes with a Single Trip Travel Insurance policy to see what the cheapest Travel Insurance option for you is. At UCompare.ie, we allow you to compare Single Trip Travel Insurance quotes and Annual Travel Insurance quotes under the one search to ensure you get the cheapest Travel Insurance option to meet your needs.Get A Quote
What does a Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance Policy cover?
“Ah sure, it won’t happen to me” – does this sound familiar. This is the tag line that most uninsured travellers live by. That is until it does happen to them and they are left with their tail between their legs.
By taking 10 minutes out of your busy day to visit UCompare.ie you can avoid the worry & the hassle of unexpected medical bills, lost luggage or a missed flight.
Multi Trip Travel Insurance is an excellent option for the seasoned travelled. It allows you to travel away as often as you like without having to source Travel Insurance each time you go. Some companies offer trip durations up to 90 days, so you can have peace of mind for the entire duration of your trip.
If you choose a Multi trip policy over a single trip policy you also stand to make considerable savings. Many companies have more favourable rates on the Multi trip policy so be such to compare the Multi trip and the Single trip when making your decision.
Benefits of Multi Trip Travel Insurance
- Emergency Medical Expenses – This is the section of the policy that most customers are looking out for. If you were to have an injury or illness medical expenses can add up very quickly.
- Lost Luggage Cover – Did you know that some airlines lose up to 5 bags for every 1000 bags they carry? Make sure that you are covered should you be one of the unlucky ones.
- Missed Departure cover – Have you ever wondered what might happen if there was a breakdown in front of you on the way to the airport and you weren’t able to board your flight?
- Delayed Departure – We all hate the dreaded delays at the airport. Just let us go on our holidays, please!
- Cancellation cover – Sometimes life gets in the way and we need to cancel holidays. If this happens to you, make sure you’re covered.
Exclusions on an annual policy
There are a number of important factors to consider when looking to purchase an Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance policy. As with all Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance policies there are a number of key exclusions to look out for:
- With the cost of travel coming down all the time, we’re often tempted to go away a few times a year. One important thing to look out for is the maximum stay permitted on your Annual Travel Insurance policy. Insurers often restrict this to minimise their risk, especially for customers in the older age categories.
- Most Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance policies will exclude cover for pre-existing conditions, be sure to read all of the terms and conditions carefully.
- There are often restrictions on the reasons that you can cancel your policy, most policies will cover unforeseen accidents and illness but may exclude cover if a family member was ill at the time you purchase your policy.
- If you wish to insure your partner on your policy, there may be exclusions relating to your living arrangements. Make sure to read the terms and conditions or ask your insurer if you are in doubt.
Some policies may only be limited to trips taken to leisure, if you are planning on using your policy on a single trip, be sure to contact your insurer to confirm this will be covered.